If you have not yet sent your customs declaration, you can open the fallback procedure in the customs declaration.
Proceed as follows to enable the fallback procedure:
- Change the customs declaration status to Ready to declare.
- In the assistant pane, go to the Actions group and click on Activate fallback procedure.
- Enter the necessary information in the Fallback procedure window.
- Click OK to continue.
“Fallback procedure” is added to the title of the customs declaration. In the Notes field group and the Customs information sheet, you will find further information on the fallback procedure.
Proceed as follows to print the fallback document:
- Click the Assistant message to print the fallback document.
- Once the fallback document has been printed, the status of the customs declaration changes to Ready to declare, Fallback procedure variant. The fields in the customs declaration are now locked to prevent any additional input.
Proceed as follows once the disruption has been fixed:
- Click the Assistant alert to send the customs declaration.
The status of the customs declaration changes to Sent.
- Once the disruption has been fixed, the customs authorities send you the acceptance and release. The status of the customs declaration changes to Accepted and then to Released.
At the top of the Customs declarations overview, you can set the Variant filter to Fallback procedure if you wish to display only customs declarations created in fallback procedure.
If you review the fallback document and find that changes to the declaration data are needed, you can reset the fallback document in order to edit the customs declaration fields again. Go to the Documents sheet, right-click on the fallback document, and select Reset document. Now you can edit the declaration data. Follow the prompts of the Assistant to continue.
You can deactivate the fallback procedure as long as the fallback document has not yet been printed. Open the customs declaration. From the Assistant pane, go to the Actions group and click Deactivate fallback procedure. This also removes the additional information in the items.