CDS requires that authorizations held are declared on every declaration and are sent as a document reference (DE 2/3) using a document code from the HMRC list. The authorizations required will depend on the type of declaration being sent, how any duties and taxes are being paid, and if any customs guarantees are required.
To enter authorizations, follow the steps below:
- Open the declaration, and go to the Customs details tab.
- Locate the Authorizations section.
- Click the pencil icon and a new window will appear.
- Select the Type, then enter the other information, such as Holder, as required and click Save & close.
- Use the Add button to enter any further authorizations. Ensure that all necessary authorizations are listed.
Note that many authorizations stated at header level (as shown in the example above) will require a further corresponding produced document to be declared at item level.
Please sign in to leave a comment.