Due to the “DPD GeoTransformation” an important change of your system will be necessary. Learn more directly on the DPD website.
Performing the migration: Basic steps
You can find all the details you need to migrate on time in the following Help Center article: DPD (Germany):
- Since you have installed Carrier Connect on-premise or use it in the AEB Private Cloud, you will find three supplementary to-dos below that are mandatory for migrating your systems.
Performing the migration: Additional to-dos for on-premise and Private Cloud
Installing the November 2022 service pack
The service pack for your on-premise installation or AEB Private Cloud system called "Carrier Engine 3.0" will be available to you from November 28, 2022.
Download the service pack "Carrier Engine 3.0" from the AEB Service Portal under Downloads – AEB Engines – Service Packs and then install it in your system.
- You need login credentials to log in to the AEB Service Portal. If you do not have a login yet, complete this contact form.
Updating the “DPD Germany” carrier definition
The updated “DPD Germany” carrier definition is available from November 28, 2022 and must be updated in your system.
- You need I_ADMIN rights.
- Download the data service file (.zip) with the name "DPD_DE" from the AEB Service Portal under Downloads – AEB Engines – Software.
- Go to Master data – Carrier definition – Import data service file and update your “DPD Germany” carrier definition.
Creating a partner server
- Log in to Carrier Connect and go to Administration – Connection settings – Partner server. Click New to create the “DPD GeoRouting REST webservice” partner server.
- Then open the entry and click New to create a new connection (link next to the Server connection field). Complete it as follows:
- Name: DPD GeoRouting REST webservice
- Description: DPD GeoRouting REST webservice
- Connection type: not defined
- URL: will be communicated to you by AEB
- Time-Out: 20
- Test-URL: can be left blank. If you monitor partner servers, the above URL can be used. In the Connection target field group, enable Test active.
- For on-premise installations, the URL still needs to be approved in the firewall by your IT.
- With AEB Private Cloud systems, AEB takes care of this for you.