The consignor indicates the duration of the movement when submitting an EMCS movement. If this duration has been exceeded, the customs may send the consignor and consignee of this EMCS movement a reminder (customs message E_EXC_REM). The consignor or the consignee should then send the customs office a reason for the delay (customs message C_DEL_EXP). If the goods have since arrived, you as the consignee can instead simply send the report of receipt.
- If the consignor sends an explanation for the delay to the customs office, it is not sent to you, and vice versa.
The Delays widget on your Desktop shows when delays have occurred.
The symbol also appears in the Note column of the corresponding movement in the overview of EMCS movements.
- The persons that have been designated before will then receive an email. Each email contains a link to the corresponding movement. To configure the email settings, refer to the section Configuring email notifications in EMCS Filing.
To identify a reminder from the customs office:
- In the Delays widget, click the Show delays button.
- If you have received reminders for both submissions and discharges, you are now asked which reminders you wish to display.
- This displays an overview showing only those movements for which reminders from the customs office have been received.
- Open a movement.
- The Assistant alerts you to the delay and gives you instructions on how to proceed.
- If the goods have since been received: Click the Confirm delay link in the Assistant, then click Yes to confirm the prompt that follows. You can then check the EMCS movement as usual and send the report of receipt.
- If the goods have not yet arrived: You can send an explanation for the delay to customs. This procedure is outlined below.
To send an explanation for the delay to customs:
- Open the relevant EMCS movement if it is not already open.
- In the Assistant pane, click the Send explanation for delay link.
- Select a code for the explanation for the delay. You also have the option of including additional information.
- Click Send explanation to send the explanation for the delay to the customs office of destination.
- The office of destination forwards your message to the office of departure, but the consignor does not receive a copy.
- EMCS (DE): The status of the EMCS movement changes to Submitted.
- EMCS (UK): The status of the EMCS movement changes to Explanation sent. Once customs has confirmed receipt of the customs message C_DEL_EXP, the status of the EMCS movement changes to Opened.
- As soon as the goods have arrived, you can send the report of receipt as usual.
- If you do not wish to send a delay, click Confirm delay.
Please sign in to leave a comment.