The Goods location code
The CDS goods location code consists of the following parts:
- Country code
- Type of location
- Location identifier
- Code (e.g. DVRDOVDVR) **
- ** If using a GVMS port, GVM is added to the code (e.g. DVRDOVDVRGVM). See the relevant Government website for these codes).
- ** If using a shed code, it is added to the code (e.g. DVRDOVDVRPDE).
The individual parts are entered separately to make up the goods location code declared in data element 5/23.
Types of location
- A: Designated location (Border)
- B: Authorised place
- C: Approved place (Certificate of agreement airports)
- D: Other (e.g. gas pipelines)
- T: Postal code
- U: UN/LOCODE
- V: Customs office identifier
- W: GPS Coordinates
- X: EORI number
- Y: Authorisation number
- Z: Free text
Multiple appendices exist for different types of locations.
Most locations use GB, A and U as the country code, location type and identifier.
Note: Be aware of the different requirements for RoRo and GVMS location codes:
Entering the Goods location code
To enter the goods location information, follow the steps below:
- Open the export declaration and select the Export declaration tab.
- Locate the Goods location section.
- Select, or enter the Country, Type and Identifier.
- Enter the Code required.
The information can also be populated using a template.