User access to applications in the AEB data center is managed in your company by a designated person. This person can create, delete, and unlock accesses or assign new passwords. We recommend that you designate at least one additional person here for the case of substitution.
To request this, submit a request to AEB. When creating the ticket, select User administration and under I would like to..., select the manage user permissions entry. Make sure to read and confirm the checkboxes at the end of the form so that the form is sent to the AEB Service. They will grant your extended rights in the application to
Creating a new user
- Use your login data to log in to the AEB application.
- In Export Filing, Import Filing, or EMCS Filing, the new user is first created as an an employee.
Take note of special requirements when creating users for
- Trade Compliance Management:Configuring Trade Compliance Management: Creating users and
- Carrier Connect:Configuring Carrier Connect users and assigning roles
- Go to Master data – Companies and open your company.
- On the Employees sheet click New to add a new person. The first name, last name, phone number, and email address are required. Save your entries by clicking the Apply button.
- Now you can create a user account for the new employee. To do this, go to the Office and select Master data – Persons.
- Open the newly created person.
- In the menu bar, click Person and select Add user.
- In the window that opens, select Create new user and confirm with OK.
- Now fill in the sheet that opens. Required fields are User, Password, and E-mail address.
- First, assign a user name that has not yet been assigned in your client. Choose a password and specify the e-mail address of the new user. Click OK to complete the process.
- The user has now been created for your client.
First login of the new user
The new user can now log in. To log in, they can either use the password you have given them or click on Forgot your password? to assign themselves a new password in the application.
Resetting passwords of users
You can also reset a user's password at any time via the user administration. Open the corresponding user and reset the password to a password that has not yet been used. Check the Change passw. now box to enable the function that the user must choose a new password when logging in the next time.
A new initial password can also be sent directly to the stored email address via the Reset password function in the user overview.
If an employee leaves your company, go to Master data– Persons and check the Inactive box.
As soon as you have checked the box, this employee will no longer be listed in the overviews or will be marked as inactive.
Then delete the associated user via the User administration.
Their data remains available in the background. This may become important during customs audits allowing you to track who was responsible for individual customs declarations in subsequent years.
Locking and unlocking a user
Users can be locked due to two automatic security mechanisms:
- Wrong password entered too often
- 180 days inactivity
These locks can be removed via the User administration in the overview of Users.
For more information on security-related user locks to ensure information security as part of our ISO 27001 certification, please visit our Trust Center.
Please sign in to leave a comment.