Desktop tiles may contain shortcuts to either a favorite or an overview. Click a tile to open the overview or the application linked to the favorite.
The tile’s icon indicates whether it links to a favorite or an overview:
- The icon identifies a link to a favorite.
- A link to an overview is identified by the icon for the area where this overview is located (such as for Master data).
You can create, rename, and delete shortcuts.
Creating a shortcut to an overview
You can create a shortcut to a specific overview.:
- Right-click on an entry in the Office – for example, User administration − Users.
- From the context menu, select Create shortcut on desktop for … (in our example: Create shortcut on desktop for ‘Users’).
A new tile appears on the Desktop.
Renaming or deleting a shortcut
You can rename a Desktop shortcut or delete it when necessary.
- Click the icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Desktop.
- Renaming a shortcut: In the Shortcuts field group, overwrite the name of the shortcut you wish to rename.
- Deleting a shortcut: In the Shortcuts field group, click the icon next to the shortcut you wish to delete.