You can copy all or some records from an overview to the clipboard or export them to a file in order to edit them in other programs such as Microsoft Excel:
- To export only specific rows, select those rows.
- Right-click on any part of the list and select Export from the context menu.
This opens the List export dialog. Here you can define the scope and format of your list export.
- Export to file or copy to clipboard: Under Target, select the appropriate destination.
- Export all rows or selected rows only: In the Lines field, select whether you wish to export only the selected lines or export all the data records in the table (including those not displayed).
- Export column headers as first row: Check the With headers box.
- Select export format: In the Formatting and Additional parameters field group, define the appropriate format and other format settings.
The “CSV list with separators” format writes the highlighted content row for row to a text file. The CSV format is especially suited for editing the data in spreadsheet programs, since each entry in a row is generally exported to an individual cell.
- Start list export: Click the Start export button.
Depending on whether you copied the data to the clipboard or exported it to a file, you’ll either see a confirmation or a dialog box for saving the file.
- Save the file with the data export.
To ensure the data is correctly imported in CSV format, most spreadsheet programs require you to correctly configure the following settings:
- Character set
- Data format for each column, if applicable