You can accelerate the process of either creating new import declarations or entering items for import declarations by creating templates with certain data already filled in. For example, you can create templates for various use cases and situations. You can create a new template from an existing import declaration or import declaration item using the data from an existing declaration with the status of Accepted or an existing import declaration item, but also independently of any existing declarations/declaration items.
If you create a completely new template, please note that the Assistant is not available in the templates, so you will not be alerted if your data is incorrect or incomplete.
Proceed as follows to create a template from an existing import declaration or import declaration item
- Open the import declaration/item. From the Import declaration/item menu, click Save as template.
- Import declaration template: A new import declaration template with preset data is displayed. Data in the fields Declaration date, Commercial ref., LRN, and CRN/MRN is not preset.
- Item template: A new item template opens.
Proceed as follows to create a template for import declarations or import declaration items without any preassigned data
- Go to Master data and click on Templates – Imp. decl. templates, then New template/ New item template.
- Select a type of declaration (e.g. Import UK), then click OK.
- Fill in the Initials field. This will help you identify your template/item template later.
- Enter all the data you wish to define. For an item template, click Edit item template to edit the fields.
- Finish by clicking Save & Close.