You can complete import declarations manually and change their status to Completed or invalidate them and change their status to Invalid. You can later undo the manual completion or invalidation of an import declaration.
Customs messages that are received following a manual completion or invalidation are processed as usual, and the status of the import declaration is updated accordingly. Example: If a transaction was manually set to Invalid and then a release is subsequently received from the customs authorities, the status of the declaration changes to Released.
Proceed as follows to complete or invalidate an import declaration manually:
- Complete import declaration manually with status of “Completed”: Open an import declaration. From the Assistant pane, go to the Actions group and click Complete manually.
- Set import declaration status to “Invalid”: Open an import declaration. From the Assistant pane, go to the Actions group and click Invalidate manually.
- The dialog gives you the option to enter remarks. When you are finished, click OK.
- The status of the import declaration changes to Completed or Invalid.
- To undo a manual completion or invalidation of an import declaration, go to the Assistant pane, and in the Actions group, select the command Undo manual completion or invalidation.
Undo a manual completion or invalidation of an import declaration: