You can create and edit import declarations and send them to the relevant customs authorities.
- Go to Customs, click on the country concerned, then click Import declarations (XX), where XX stands for the country code.
- Open an existing import declaration with the status of New or Ready to declare. To create a new import declaration, click New
- Follow the prompts of the Assistant and enter the necessary data. Complete the required fields and any items or optional data you wish to add on the Customs details sheet.
Please refer as well to Specifying transport and insurance costs when indicating
transport and insurance costs.
- The Assistant alerts you once you have entered all the required data. Click the alert to send the import declaration.
- The status of the import declaration changes to Sent.
- The customs authorities will respond with one or more customs messages, depending on the ecustoms system.
- The status of the import declaration changes to Completed.
- View assessment of duties & taxes:
- See View assessment of import duties & taxes
- If you want to know more about a particular field or option, click the element in question and press F1 on your keyboard. This opens a window with additional information on the element.
- The following features simplify the editing process:
Use templates: See Creating and editing import declaration templates, Creating and
editing templates for import declaration items, and Using import declaration templates.
Duplicate existing import declarations: Duplicating import declarations.
- The overview of customs declarations (import, export, or transit) shows events and customs messages that you have sent and received. Open a customs declaration, then click the Customs information sheet.
- You can configure the email notifications such that the person in charge of the transaction and any other people you define receive an email when this occurs. See: Setting up notifications of events.
- In the Import declarations overview, you can also select multiple import declarations with the status of Ready to declare and send them simultaneously. Click on the small arrow next to the Send button and select Send.