You can generate customs declarations for different customs processes from consignments by means of “transitions”. The configuration for transitions is included in the consignment profiles. In a consignment profile, you can define the country for which a customs declaration is to be generated, whether a certain event in a customs process is to trigger another process (event automation), and if the transaction is to be sent automatically, for example. By defining conditions and exceptions, you can further specify the rules for applying a transition. The identifier of the consignment profile to be applied is imported from the host system together with the consignment data.
You can create your own consignment profiles and transitions or edit existing ones.
Proceed as follows:
- Under Master data, click Consignment profiles.
- Create new consignment profile: Click New.
- Open existing consignment profile: Select a consignment profile from the overview and click Open.
- On the Consignment profile sheet, fill in the Initials and Description fields.
- Switch to the Transitions sheet.
- Create a new transition: Click New and select a type of transition.
- The transition types that are available vary based on the customs processes approved for the active client.
- Open an existing transition: Select a transition from the search results and click Open.
- On the Transition sheet, now define the default settings for the transition.
- To automatically start the transition during the processing of consignment data, check the Automated transition box.
- To define that a certain event in a customs process should trigger another process (“event trigger”), refer to section Creating subsequent customs declarations with the same dataset
- Creating a new condition or exception for the transition: In the Conditions field group, use the New button to define a new condition or exception.
- Click on the Save & Close button.