In an import declaration, Customs Management supports you in calculating statistical values and VAT values for contained items based on the net price. Additionally, you can enter surcharges for the statistical value or the VAT value which can be distributed based on net prices or net weights. Alternatively, you can also enter the statistical value and the VAT value manually.
Proceed as follows to configure the calculation of the statistical value and the VAT:
- Open an import declaration, then switch to the Financial overview sheet.
- In the Transport and insurance costs field group, enter information about the costs that impact the statistical value and/or VAT value and about the parameter for their distribution.
- For the transport and the insurance costs, you can choose between a percentage and an absolute value.
- For the transport costs, you can also distinguish between transport costs outside the EU, from the EU to the current country, and within the current country.
- As a further adjustment, you can enter surcharges and deductions.
- You can decide whether to base distribution of the transport costs, surcharges, and deductions to the items on net price or net weight.
- Positive costs will be added proportionally to the values at the item level, negative costs will be deducted proportionally from the values at the item level.
- Click Start distribution.
- Customs Management will distribute the entered costs to the individual items of the import declaration.
- The totals of the values from all items are displayed in the Totals field group.
- Making further adjustments for individual items: Open an import declaration item and switch to the Calculation sheet.
- The costs determined during distribution are displayed in a read-only mode here.