Templates simplify the task of creating similar import declarations. Templates let you save field contents that remain the same in similar import declarations. You can use a descriptive name and apply the template to import declarations. Templates can be assigned content on the header and/or item level of import declarations.
Proceed as follows to use a template at the header level
- Go to Customs – [Country] – Import declarations (XX), where XX stands for the country code.
- Click on New from template.
- From the Import declaration templates window, select a template, then click Apply.
- A new import declaration opens with the field contents from the template already applied.
Proceed as follows to use a template at the item level
- Open an item. From the Item menu, click Apply template.
- This opens the Import declaration templates window.
- The saved template data is applied.
Video: Creating and using declaration templates
- You can limit the selection of import declaration templates to those matching the open import
declaration or item. It’s possible that a certain template was created for a certain e-customs system, for example, or for the defined declarant. To select matching templates, mark the Matching templates checkbox next to the search field, then click the Search button.
Matching templates are configured through template selectors. You can open the template selector for a matching template by right-clicking on the matching template and selecting Show matching templ. selector. For more information on configuring template selectors, see Defining template selectors.
- Please refer to Creating and editing templates for import declaration items or Creating and
editing import declaration templates for more information. To learn how to apply templates automatically, see Defining template selectors.