You can cancel import declarations wherever this is supported by the e-customs system.
The declaration must have the status of Registered or Accepted.
- Open the import declaration. From the Assistant pane, go to the Actions group and click Send
- In the Request cancellation window, enter a reason for the cancellation and click Send.
The status of the import declaration changes to Sent/Cancellation sent, Cancellation variant.
- The customs authorities will respond with one or more customs messages, depending on the e-customs system.
When a cancellation confirmation has been received, the status of the import declaration changes to Canceled.
Request for cancellation is rejected
If the request for cancellation is rejected, the import declaration appears in the Import declarations (XX) overview with the error indicator in the Progress column, and the Cancellation variant remains in place.
- Research reasons for rejection: Any existing reasons for the rejection can be found in the customs message, which in turn can be found in the open import declaration on the Customs information sheet under Customs messages. The customs message with the rejection has the error symbol in the Text column.
- Click the Assistant message to reset the import declaration.
- Then you can either send another cancellation request or abort the cancellation in the Assistant pane by going to the Actions group and clicking on Exit cancellation mode.
- You can configure the email notifications such that the person in charge of the transaction and any other people you define receive an email when this occurs – see Setting up notifications of events.