Templates simplify the task of creating similar export declarations. Templates let you save field contents that remain the same in similar export declarations. You can use a descriptive name and apply the template to export declarations. Templates can be assigned content on the header and/or item level of export declarations.
When data is applied from the host system, you can enter data in the template that is required for export declarations but not available in the host system. This makes it possible to greatly automate the processes.
Proceed as follows to use a template at the header level:
- Go to Customs – [Country] – Export declarations (XX), where XX stands for the country code.
- Click on New from template.
- From the Export declaration templates window, select the desired template, then click Apply.
- A new export declaration opens with the field contents from the template already applied.
Proceed as follows to use a template at the item level:
- Open an item. From the Item menu, click Apply template.
- This opens the Export declaration templates window.
- From the Export declaration templates window, select a template, then click Apply.
- The saved template data is applied.
- You can limit the selection of export declaration templates to those matching the open export
declaration or item. It’s possible that a certain template was created for a certain e-customs system, for example, or for the defined declarant/exporter. To select matching templates, mark the Matching templates checkbox next to the search field, then click the Search button.
Matching templates are configured through template selectors. You can open the template selector for a matching template by right-clicking on the matching template and selecting Show matching templ. selector. For more information on configuring template selectors, see Defining template selectors.
- Please refer to Creating and editing export declaration templates or Creating and editing templates for export declaration items for more information on creating and editing templates. To learn how to apply templates automatically, see Defining template selectors.