- Please note that the following description only applies to the CHIEF e-customs procedure.
The customs authorities issue a follow-up request if the exit of goods on an export declaration has not been registered within the defined time limits. The follow-up request also specifies a deadline for your response. If you do not respond, the customs authorities cancel the export transaction.
Identifying the receipt of a follow-up request
The Export declarations (UK) overview indicates whether a follow-up request has been received as follows:
- The export declaration has an alert icon in the Progress column.
- The status of the export declaration changes to Received (in the overview) or Follow-up received (in the Assistant pane).
- The variant of the export declaration changes to Follow-up request.
Processing follow-up requests
- Open an export declaration with the status of Follow-up received.
- The Assistant tells you how long you have to respond to the follow-up request and provides other details.
- For any additional information that might be available, you can check the customs messages on the Customs information sheet, Customs messages field group.
- To send the customs authorities information on the whereabouts of the goods, click the Respond to follow-up request link in the Assistant pane.
- Enter information about the exit of the goods, then click on the Send exit info button.
- The status of the export declaration changes to Exit info sent.
- The information you send about the whereabouts of the goods is stored on the Customs information sheet under Notes.
- The customs authorities respond with one or more messages about the acceptance or rejection of the information provided.
- In the case of an acceptance, a confirmation of exit follows.
- In the case of an error message or rejection, the symbol appears in the Progress column.
- Respond to a rejection: Click on the Exit info rejected message in the Assistant pane and confirm the prompt. Enter new information on the whereabouts of the goods, then send this information with the help of the Assistant.
- Cancel the export declaration: Instead of providing information about the whereabouts of the goods, you can also cancel the export declaration by clicking the Send cancellation request link in the Assistant pane.
- You can configure the email notifications such that the person in charge of the transaction and any other people you define receive an email when this occurs – see Setting up notifications of events.