What is the statistical quantity?
- Export and Import statistics base on the export and import declaration. With regards to the quantity it is possible to measure similar goods in different units. Therefore, a supplementary unit as a kind of aligned unit for statistical purposes was introduced for some goods.
- If for your good, such a supplementary unit is existing, it can be found in the tariff.
Have a look in the tariff, if a supplementary unit is given.
- Go to the website https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/sections.
- Enter your commodity code or description into the search field
- Alternatively, click on the respective section title and the detailed levels beyond.
- If for your commodity code a value is entered in the column “Supplementary unit”, a supplementary unit exists and need to be prompt in the export and import declaration.
- By hovering about the abbreviation, the explanation is shown.
How to prompt the information in the export or import declaration?
- The numerical value for the supplementary unit specified in the tariff is to be indicated for each item. The designation of the supplementary unit itself is not to be indicated (e.g.: for "1000 pieces" the numerical value "1000" is to be indicated).
- The value needs to be inserted in the field “statistical quantity”. The field group statistical quantity consists of two fields. The first field is for the value itself and the second field, which is read only, is for the unit. So if the inserted commodity code requires a supplementary unit, the supplementary unit will be inserted in the second field, still as read only. Therefore, you know, that the statistical quantity needs to be filled.
- Commodity code requires statistical quantity:
- Commodity code does not require statistical quantity: