You have received an error code from HMRC and want to modify your declaration for resending? Here you will learn how to proceed:
Proceed as follows if you encounter HMRC customs errors
Please note: This is an error coming from HMRC regarding the information submitted to customs, not an error generated from the AEB solution.
- Open the customs declaration for which you have received an error message from HMRC.
- Read details about the error code: In the assistant pane on the right, you can find a description of the cause/solution of your error.
- Click on the Show more details link to research further details of the error code. The Customs information sheet opens.
- In the Customs messages field group, select the respective error message, then click Open.
- If there is no cause/solution shown in the assistant area, you may also research the error code via HMRC’s website: CHIEF error codes - GOV.UK.
- Once you have located and read your error message, modify your declaration with the correct information and resend it to the authorities.
- If you follow the advice and still receive a further error message you may need to raise a request with HMRC as to why they are rejecting your declaration data submission. Is this the case, raise a request with HMRC: email@example.com
Proceed as follows to find and download the CUSDEC and CUSRES info and send it to HMRC
- Open the declaration in question and switch to the Customs information sheet.
- In the Customs messages field group, select the CUSDEC04A or CUSRES04A message, then click Open.
The message opens in a new tab.
- From this screen, open the Customs message menu at the top and select the Download message in original format option.
- Save the files in your Downloads folder on your local computer.
- From your Downloads folder, copy these files and attach them to your email to HMRC.
Video: Handling errors from customs (HMRC)
If you click the video, a request with your IP address will be transmitted to the provider. Dataprotection