You have received an error code from HMRC and want to modify your declaration for resending? Here you will learn how to proceed:
Proceed as follows if you encounter HMRC customs errors
Please note: This is an error coming from HMRC regarding the information submitted to customs, not an error generated from the AEB solution.
- Research the error code via HMRC’s website: CHIEF error codes - GOV.UK.
- Once you have located your error message, modify your declaration with the correct information and resend it to the authorities.
- If you receive a further error message, raise a request with HMRC: email@example.com
Proceed as follows to find and download the CUSDEC and CUSRES info and send it to HMRC
- Open the declaration in question and switch to the Customs information sheet.
- In the Customs messages field group, select the CUSDEC04A or CUSRES04A message, then click Open.
The message opens in a new tab.
- From this screen, open the Customs message menu at the top and select the Download message in original format option.
- Save the files in your Downloads folder on your local computer.
- From your Downloads folder, copy these files and attach them to your email to HMRC.