In Export Filing: CHIEF/CDS, you can submit NCTS transit procedures, receive the necessary transit accompanying document (TAD), and print it out.
Export Filing: CHIEF/CDS supports the following and further declaration types:
- T1 – Goods moving under external Community transit procedure
- T2 – Goods moving under internal Community transit procedure
Import Filing: CHIEF/CDS lets you submit or discharge NCTS procedures.
Anybody can start a normal transit procedure, but this is a manual process requiring waiting for HMRC to manually accept your declaration. NCTS can be used in our system, as long as you can provide the following basics:
- an EORI number
- your business address
- Access code (a guarantee – with your bank and HMRC – see NCTS guarantees - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) either yours or your customers)
- Trader Identification Number
Please note: To benefit from the automation advantages of a simplified transit procedure, you have to be a authorised consignor. Read more about this on HMRC’s website: Using your premises to start or end the movement of transit goods and Sending goods in transit procedure (NCTS) and getting the necessary authorisations for it.
- Transit procedures (NCTS Authorized Consignor (CR) and NCTS Authorized Consignee (CE)) are available from the Basic pricing model onwards (not available for Easy Mode/Starter plan): See details of which plans include NCTS on our website: UK export declarations with customs software