On July 1, 2021, extensive changes to European customs law (Art. 143a UCC-DA) came into force, which also entail new regulations in the customs handling of low-value consignments (intrinsic value up to EUR 150).
For this reason, the Dutch customs authorities launched the new, mandatory “DECO” e-customs system for the declaration of low-value consignments in the e-commerce or service provider sectors on July 1, 2021.
- The changes affect only the B2C and C2C sectors. Consignments in the B2B area will still need to be declared in the Dutch AGS system.
The new DECO system aims to simplify the submission of import declarations for low-value consignments through a super reduced dataset (SRD) compared to a standard customs declaration.
- What are the requirements for declaring a consignment in the DECO system?
- When will the DECO system become available in my existing AEB import solution and is any configuration necessary?
What are the requirements for declaring a consignment in the DECO system?
Participation in the DECO system does not require a separate authorization. The following criteria for low-value consignments must be considered:
- B2C or C2C consignment
- Goods value lower than EUR 150
- Commodity code not subject to bans or restrictions
- Imported goods not subject to excise duties
- No special procedures
- If the IOSS procedure (Import One-Stop-Shop) is used, the corresponding IOSS number must be applied for
When will the DECO system become available in my existing AEB import solution and is any configuration necessary?
If you run Import Filing: AGS from our Customs Management platform in the AEB cloud operating model, the connection to Dutch customs for the DECO system will automatically be available to you when the June service pack is imported.
If you run the application in the private cloud operating model, AEB will request a corresponding e-mail inbox from customs after you have placed your order. Please contact your AEB representative for this.
- As soon as the connection to the new DECO system has been established, you will be able to technically transmit low-value consignments. Please note that a manual configuration of your system in coordination with AEB is required for correct.