When paying customs duties via credit card or cash account for a CDS import declaration, a CDSI reference number is required. The CDSI reference number is automatically generated once the declaration has been accepted. The reference number will begin with 'CDSI' followed by a 12 character reference comprising both numbers and letters. The reference is unique to each individual declaration.
To locate the CDSI reference number, follow the steps below:
- Open the declaration and view the Customs information tab.
- From the Customs messages list, highlight the most recent DMSTAX message click Open.
- Go to the Message content tab and enter 'referenceID' in the Name field.
- Under MetaData > ns4:Response > ns4:Declaration > ns4:DutyTaxFree > ns4:Payment, the ns4:ReferenceID will show the CDSI reference.
This information will not be generated if there is nothing to pay, and if so, the section isn't included in the DMSTAX message.
- If a declaration is processed in the test system, the CDSI reference shown will be a made up reference, rather than the standard 'CDSI...' reference for an equivalent declaration in the production system.
Applies to: Import Filing: CDS