You have to transmit the statistical value for every item of your export declaration. The statistical value is the value of the goods at the national border. Depending on the terms of delivery, the statistical value can be smaller than, greater than, or equal to the item’s net price.
- For delivery terms that end before the national border (e.g. EXW), the statistical value is calculated from the net price plus the delivery costs up to the national border (e.g. packaging and transportation costs).
- For delivery terms that end across the national border (e.g. CFR), the statistical value is calculated from the net price minus the delivery costs as from the national border (e.g. ocean freight).
You can either calculate the statistical values yourself and enter them in the corresponding Statistical value field in the items or you can have the statistical value calculated for the export declaration based on the net price of each item.
- If you create a new export declaration from the AEB standard template, the option for calculating the statistical value based on the net price is set per default on header level.
Proceed as follows to identify if the statistical value calculation is activated:
- In the export declaration, switch to the advanced mode of the application.
- Switch to the Financial overview sheet.
- In the Transport costs field group, the Calculate values box is enabled.
Proceed as follows to calculate the statistical values based on net prices:
- You are working in the advanced mode of the application.
- Additional fields will be displayed in the field group.
- For the transport costs, you can choose between a percentage and an absolute value.
- As a further adjustment, you can enter surcharges and deductions.
- You can decide whether to base distribution of the transport costs, surcharges, and deductions to the items on net price or net weight.
- Positive costs will be added proportionally to the values at the item level, negative transport costs will be deducted proportionally from the values at the item level.
- Export Filing: CHIEF will distribute the entered costs to the individual items of the export declaration.
- The total statistical value from all items is displayed in the Totals field group.
- The costs determined during distribution are displayed in a read-only mode here.
- Further adjustments for individual items can also be made when working in the easy mode.