You can send a cancellation request for export declarations that have already been accepted by customs. This cancellation request can either be accepted or rejected by UK customs.
Proceed as follows:
- Open the export declaration with status Accepted. From the Assistant pane, go to the Actions group and click Send cancellation request.
- In the Request cancellation window, fill in the relevant fields and click Send.
- The status of the export declaration changes to Cancellation sent and the status bar now indicates the status of the cancellation progress.
- The customs authorities respond to you with customs messages.
- If the request for cancellation has been accepted by customs, the status changes to Accepted.
- Once the cancellation confirmation has been received, the status of the export declaration changes to Canceled.
Request for cancellation is rejected:
If the request for cancellation is rejected, the status bar shows an error indicator. The Cancellation variant remains in place.
Proceed as follows:
- Research reasons for rejection: Click on the Show more details link in the assistant pane.
- In order to research the reasons for rejection, you need to switch to the advanced mode of the application.
- The export declaration is displayed in the advanced mode of the application, showing more sheets and declaration details.
- Go to the Customs information sheet and research the reasons in the customs messages under the Customs messages section.
- Reset the export declaration: Click the assistant message Cancellation rejected to reset the export declaration and confirm the prompt.
- Then you can either send another cancellation request (following the assistant message Cancel declaration) or abort the cancellation in the assistant pane by going to the Actions group and clicking on Exit cancellation mode.
- You can configure the email notifications such that the person in charge of the transaction and any other people you define receive an email when this occurs – see Setting up notifications of events.
Please sign in to leave a comment.