Export Filing: CHIEF in the easy mode supports you in editing export declarations manually before sending them to the customs authorities. The application exchanges all necessary customs messages with the CHIEF Export (UK) e-customs. The integrated smart assistant feature, as well as the status bar allow you to keep track of the declaration status and show you the next steps to be performed.
Proceed as follows to process export declarations:
- Create a new or open an existing export declaration as described in Creating a new or opening an existing export declaration.
- On the Your declaration sheet, follow the prompts of the assistant and enter all declaration data in the Basic declaration data field group. Mandatory fields are highlighted in yellow.
- The field descriptions provide additional guidance which entries are required in the individual fields. In addition, you can open a new window with the F1 key, which offers you even more detailed information.
- Adding or editing items: Press the +Add new item button to add a new item.
To edit an existing item, select an item in the item list and press the Open button.
- The Assistant alerts you once you have entered all mandatory basic declaration and item data.
- The status of the export declaration changes to Ready to Declare.
- Submitting the export declaration to customs: To send the export declaration, use the Send declaration to customs button below the status bar, or the assistant message in the assistant pane and wait for the response messages from customs.
- The status of the export declaration changes to Sent.
- A pop-up informs you about the next steps and offers you the possibility of saving your declaration as a template in order to re-use it for future declarations.
- Receiving the acceptance from customs (MRN and EAD available): Once your local customs authorities approve the declaration, you will receive the Movement Reference Number (MRN) in the Customs response sheet as well as the Export Accompanying Document (EAD) in the Documents sheet of your export declaration.
- The status of the export declaration changes to Accepted.
- In case UK customs does not accept the declaration, you will receive an error message. The status bar shows an error indicator. Please refer to chapter Processing error messages.
- Printing the EAD: As soon as you have received the acceptance from customs you may print the EAD. In the Your declaration sheet, press the Print EAD button below the status bar.
- Alternatively, you can print the EAD from the Documents sheet of the export declaration.
- Receiving the release of goods (permission to progress): As soon as you receive the release message from customs, you have the permission to depart your goods.
- The status of the export declaration changes to Released (P2P).
- Completing your declaration and printing the POE: As soon as your goods have exited the country, UK customs will send a message on the exit confirmation of your goods. With this message, the status of the export declaration changes to Completed.
- You can now print the Proof of Export (POE) from within the application.