Export declarations that have been rejected by customs authorities due to errors are marked by an error symbol in the Progress column of the Export declarations (XX) overview. Once you have corrected the error, you can resubmit the export declaration.
Proceed as follows to correct errors in an export declaration:
- From the Export declarations (XX) overview, go to the Progress filter field, select Error from the list, and click Search.
- Open an export declaration and check the Assistant pane for details about the cause of the error or problem.
- Search for more details on cause of error or problem (if applicable):
- At the end of the Assistant message, click the link Show more details. The Customs information sheet with the corresponding customs message appears.
- Read the complete error message: Select an entry with the Error or Information text type, then click Open.
- To edit the export declaration and correct the error, open the export declaration, click the The declaration contains errors Assistant message, and confirm the prompt.
- This resets the export declaration.
- If needed, open the item with which the error is associated: Switch to the Items sheet and click the Activate filter for customs errors link.
- Now, only those items containing a customs error are displayed.
- Open an item with the error flag and confirm the error(s) using the Assistant. You can perform this action for all items that contain customs errors.
- If you want to confirm all errors in the customs message at once, switch to the Customs information sheet and select the appropriate customs message. Then click on the Confirm all errors button.
- Now resend the export declaration using the Assistant.
- You can configure the email notifications such that the person in charge of the transaction and any other people you define receive an email when this occurs – see Setting up notifications of events.