You can correct export declarations wherever this is supported by the respective e-customs system.
Proceed as follows:
- The export declaration must have the status of Registered or Accepted.
- The status of the export declaration changes to Initiated/Correction initiated with the Correction variant.
- The customs authorities will initially respond either with an error message or with an acknowledgment of receipt followed by a message accepting or rejecting the request for correction.
- If the request is accepted, you will receive a message with the amended data as a confirmation of the correction.
- If the request is rejected, refer to the next section.
- You can cancel the correction if this is permitted in the current status. In the Assistant pane, go to the Actions group and click on Cancel correction. This reverses the changes you have made.
- Each time the declaration data is changed, a new entry is generated on the Revisions sheet (updated version of the declaration data). To review the differences between two versions, switch to the Revisions sheet, hold down the [Ctrl] key and select two versions, then click the Compare button.
Editing the error message or rejection of the request for correction
If the customs authorities reject your request for correction, the Export declarations (XX) overview displays an error flag in the Progress column. Then you can either reset the export declaration to its status before the correction or submit a new request for correction.
Proceed as follows:
- Open the export declaration and check the Assistant pane for further information.
- Click the corresponding Assistant message to reset the export declaration.
- The changes made earlier for the request for correction remain in place and are not reversed.
- Correct the data in the export declaration again and send a new request for correction, or deactivate the correction mode by clicking on Cancel correction in the Assistant pane.
- Deactivating the correction mode reverses the changes you have already made for the correction. The export declaration has the same status it had before the correction.
- Go to the Revisions sheet to track the changes made to the export declarations. On the Revisions sheet, hold down the [Shift] or [Ctrl] key to select two entries, then click the Compare button. The changes are displayed in a separate window.
- You can configure the email notifications such that the person in charge of the transaction and any other people you define receive an email when corrections are received or requests for corrections are rejected – see Setting up notifications of events.