Check the workstation assignment and printer settings
- Check which workstation is assigned to your user and check the workstation and printer settings. You can find out how to check this in the article Creating workstations and assigning users.
- If the correct printer is assigned to the workstation, then use the printer name of the assigned printer to check to which printer queue the print should be assigned to. Learn how to check the printers in the article Creating printers. If the field is empty, the print job is sent to the default printer defined in the control panel.
- The printer name can also be left blank if the label is sent to the host system where printer assignment takes place. In this case, you should check the possibly deviating print settings in the host system.
- If the printers are managed via a print server, check the stored parameters with your IT department.
Check the print jobs
By pausing the print queue (Control Panel – Devices and Printers – See what’s printing – Pause Printing), you can see if the job was sent to the correct print queue or printer.
- Via Properties you can additionally check the parameters of the print job.
Check the printer drivers
For proper printing of thermal printer labels from Carrier Connect, the printer drivers must be installed in the version currently approved by AEB. You can find out which printers have been approved in the system requirements.
The installation should be done in an isolated environment (e.g. print server) if you use printer drivers from other manufacturers (e.g. Zebra ZDesigner or Seagull/Bartender) and still need them for printing other documents.
You can download the currently approved printer drivers for your printer model by logging in to the AEB Service Portal and going to Downloads – Other – Software: driver for printers .
You should set the following parameters in the printer driver via Printer Properties – Advanced – Defaults after installation:
- Page Setup: Width: 4 inch / 10.16 cm; length: 6 inch / 15.24 cm. Some carries may exceptionally use 8-inch or 10-inch labels.
- Print Options: Thermal-direct print mode or Thermal-transfer when using a print ribbon
Check the label setup
Check, if the label is set up in the carrier configuration on the Documents sheet. Via Generate suggestion, you can add all current default documents to the carrier configuration again.
Check the created or printed labels
In the shipping order, switch to the Packages and items sheet. Select and open a package. The Documents sheet should contain all created and possibly printed labels.
Rightclick to download the document data as document.pdf or printer.dat and view them in an online viewer (e.g. Labelary at zpl).
Details on this and how to check the printing on labels can be found here.
If these instructions do not help you, submit a request in the AEB Help Center.