If you have GVMS configured as part of your AEB software, you will need to grant authority for the AEB software to communicate with GVMS/HMRC on your behalf.
Before authority can be granted, you must have:
- Registered on HMRC's website to use GVMS using your Government gateway account https://www.gov.uk/guidance/register-for-the-goods-vehicle-movement-service
- Have the mobile phone which is registered with the Government gateway available, as this will be needed to grant authority for the software to interact with HMRC.
Once the above is completed and AEB have confirmed that authority for GVMS can now be granted, the following steps will need to be completed within ICI.
Please note: Only users with the I_CLIENTADMIN role will be able to complete the below steps in Customs Management.
- From the Office menu, go to Administration - Customs settings - GVMS.
- Select the client and click Open.
- Click on the Grant authority option, which will open a government website.
- Follow the instructions on GOV.UK to grant authority for AEB to interact with HMRC on your behalf.
- Once completed, return to Cusoms Management. The Auth. expiration date field should now have a date of expiry. The screen may need to be refreshed for the expiration date to show.
Please note: The authority will last for 18 months and it will need to be renewed before it expires.
Any users with the I_SECURITY_CONTACT_PERSON_GB role will receive an email reminding them that the authorization is to expire in the number of days entered in the Expiration reminder field. For example, if 30 is entered in the reminder field, then any user with the I_SECURITY_CONTACT_PERSON_GB role will receive an email 30 days before the Auth. expiration date.