AEB will discontinue maintenance and support for the Customs Management 1.0 plug-in for SAP® on March, 1, 2025, and extends the previous published end of maintenance. We recommend that you schedule the switch from Customs Management 1.0 to version 1.1, which has been available since mid-2021.
An early switch before the end of maintenance on March 1, 2025 is mandatory for customers with S4/HANA from 2020. This is in connection with the ATLAS 3.0 release change to be realized by July 16, 2023. Please get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you are using S/4HANA in a version older than 2020, an update of the ATLAS interface can only take place as part of an individual implementation. Background: All active maintenance is from version 2020 and newer.
Benefits of using Customs Management 1.1
With this release upgrade, you will switch to a business service for customs declarations that has been further developed by AEB.
The added value of version 1.1 lies in the flexibility and the extended possibilities for settings outside the SAP® system.
Since most customs-related data is determined in the AEB application with version 1.1, you reduce efforts for maintenance, configurations, and individual adjustments in SAP®. This means that you are also very well prepared for the transformation to S/4HANA and the associated changes.
Other advantages include:
- Simplified configuration
- More flexible profile determination (e.g. depending on document category, document type, partner roles, country, and partner number).
- A large part of the new requirements can be implemented by the business department itself, and thus independently of IT and SAP® IT resources.
- Mapping of all customs procedures supported by AEB via a single interface. (For example ATLAS export & import (Germany), e-dec/Passar export & import (Switzerland), CHIEF/CDS export & import (UK))
- Complete overview Export Filing
- Complete overview Import Filing
This is how the switch to Customs Management 1.1 works
The release upgrade consists of the following steps:
- Analysis of existing extensions of the interface and settings; consultation for the appropriate mapping in the new version
- Import of the current transports for the plug-ins from AEB
- Setup of the connection to AEB's new business service for customs declarations
- Implementation of the new settings
- User acceptance testing
If you are interested in switching to Customs Management Version 1.1, please contact us by e-mail at
Please sign in to leave a comment.