Under the terms of data protection law, a data processing situation exists if your AEB solution contains personal data (e.g. contact information of business partners or of your users) and if access by AEB (employees) cannot be ruled out. In this case, a Data Processing Agreement must be concluded with AEB. All information on data protection at AEB (data protection documents, data processing agreements, data security at AEB, other materials such as deletion concept, standard contractual clauses, data protection certificate) can be found in the AEB Trust Center.
Signing the Data Processing Agreement (DPA) with AEB
To simplify the process of signing a Data Processing Agreement, AEB provides a standard contract. As a result, only five steps are required to complete the agreement:
- Enter your company name on page 1.
- Check or correct the entries in the checkboxes in section 2.2.
- Please name your contact person for data protection issues in section 5.3.
- Please sign the agreement on page 13 (as the client), digital signature in the document is also possible.
- Please send the agreement by email to email@example.com
You can find the Data Processing Agreement here.
Notice on the 2021 version – Changes to Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) in the area of global data protection.
In 2021, there were changes in the area of global data protection.
They also concern the data protection relationship for data processing pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR between AEB SE and you as customer.
For more information, please read AEB’s "Notice on 2021 version" under Data protection – global regulations and find answers to the following questions:
- What are the 2021 changes to the Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC)?
- What do the new SCC mean for data processing between you and AEB?
- How does AEB assess the 2021 changes?
- You can find the notice on the 2021 changes here.
- Signed Data Processing Agreements as of version 2.1 (July 2021) already include this change.
If you have signed a Data Processing Agreement with a version prior to 2.1 (prior to July 2021) and see the need sign sign a separate agreement on the described conditions with AEB beyond the scope of this notice, please contact AEB by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign in to leave a comment.