After the customs authorities have accepted an import declaration, they may initiate controls (an examination of goods or a control of documents).
Identifying the initiation of controls
- The import declaration has an alert icon in the Progress column.
- The status of the import declaration changes to Initiated (in the overview) or Controls initiated (in the Assistant pane).
- The variant of the import declaration changes to Controls.
Proceed as follows:
- Open an import declaration with one of the statuses mentioned above.
- The Assistant provides tips about the control.
- For any additional information that might be available, you can check the customs messages on the Customs information sheet, Customs messages field group. The lower list displays information for the customs message.
- You can display changes by running a revision comparison on the Revisions sheet.
- Once the customs authorities have run all their controls and made any changes (if relevant for the e-customs procedure), you will receive the release.
- You can configure the email notifications such that the person in charge of the transaction and any other people you define receive an email when this occurs – see Setting up notifications of events.
- Each time the declaration data is changed, a new entry is generated on the Revisions sheet (updated version of the declaration data). To review the differences between two versions, switch to the Revisions sheet, hold down the [Ctrl] key and select two versions, then click the Compare button.