- Corrections made to a customs declaration are also referred to as “Amendments”
For pre-lodged declarations (type "D"), a correction can be sent before or after the arrival notification is triggered or manually sent. A correction for a pre-lodged declaration that has not been arrived can be sent up to 30 days before the declaration is arrived. After arrival, there is a 10-minute dwell-time between the time of the receipt of the acceptance and clearance messages in which a correction can be sent.
For arrived declarations (type "A"), there is a 10-minute dwell-time between the time of the receipt of the acceptance and clearance messages in which a correction can be sent.
Proceed as follows:
- The declaration must have the status of Accepted (for arrived declaration, type "A") or Registered (not arrived) (for pre-lodged declaration, type "D").
- The status of the import declaration changes to Initiated / Correction initiated with the Correction variant.
- The status of the import declaration changes to Correction ready to declare.
- The status of the import declaration changes to Correction sent.
- The customs authorities will initially respond with an acknowledgment of receipt followed by a message accepting or rejecting the request for correction.
- If the request is accepted, the status of the declaration changes to Accepted.
- If the request is rejected, refer to the next section.
Request for correction is rejected
If the customs authorities reject your request for correction, the Import declarations (XX) overview displays an error flag in the Progress column. Then you can either cancel the correction (and reset the import declaration to its status before the correction) or submit a new request for correction.
Proceed as follows:
- Open the import declaration and check the Assistant pane for further information.
- Click the corresponding Assistant message to reset the import declaration.
- The changes made earlier for the request for correction remain in place and are not reversed.
- Correct the data in the import declaration again and send a new request for correction, or deactivate the correction mode by clicking on Cancel correction in the Assistant pane.
- Deactivating the correction mode reverses the changes you have already made for the correction. The import declaration has the same status it had before the correction.
- You can cancel the correction if this is permitted in the current status. In the Assistant pane, go to the Actions group and click on Cancel correction. This reverses the changes you have made.
- Each time the declaration data is changed, a new entry is generated on the Revisions sheet (updated version of the declaration data). To review the differences between two versions, switch to the Revisions sheet, hold down the [Ctrl] key and select two versions, then click the Compare button.
- You can configure the email notifications such that the person in charge of the transaction and any other people you define receive an email when this occurs – see Setting up notifications of events.
Please sign in to leave a comment.