With the the update to kernel version 4.4, a new filter and search concept will be available in your AEB application. The following articles give you an overview how to work with the new concept:
- Using filter chips for searching
- Adjusting your search results
- Creating a new business object in a search
- Using favorites
- Editing/adjusting views
- Special case: Adjusting default filters
Using filter chips for searching
Instead of entering values in filter fields as before, you now use so-called filter chips. For example, to search for a specific company, proceed as follows:
- Go to Master data – Companies. You can see the list of all companies.
- Click Add filter. A menu for selecting the filter field opens. Select the Name filter field from this list.
- Your AEB application applies the filter field to the Name filter chip. At the same time, a pop-up window opens, in which you enter the desired filter value (in this case, the company name). Confirm with ENTER or with the Apply button.
- The list is now filtered by the new filter value. You can recognize this by the blue coloring of the list's title bar.
- Editing filter value: You can click on the filter value in the chip to edit the filter value. If you click on the x in the filter chip, the chip with the filter will be deleted. The filter value is no longer applied.
- Resetting or removing filter values: If you click on the button, all filter chips will be retained, but all filter values will be removed or reset to their initial state.
- Adding more filters: Click Add filter to further narrow your results.
Adjusting your search results
You can adjust your search results, for example, by changing the number of results displayed or the column definition.
Adjusting the number of records in a search
Proceed as follows:
- Click on the [Number] records. The dialog for adjusting the number of records opens.
- Change the settings as needed. At this point, you can also determine the number of search results, for example, by clicking Count rows.
- Click OK.
Adjusting the column definition
Proceed as follows:
- Click the Column definition button.
- On the left, you will see columns that are already displayed in your current view; on the right, you will find all columns that are available to you for the current view.
- To add a column, highlight the desired column on the right side and click the blue arrow to the left. Conversely, after selecting an element, select the arrow to the right to remove a column.
- Using the up and down arrows, you can adjust the order of the columns displayed on the left.
- Click Default to reset the list.
- Click OK to apply your changes.
Selecting entries in an overview
When you select an entry in the list, the list switches to selection mode. You can select an entry using the checkbox at the beginning of the row or, as before, by clicking on the entire row.
To deselect, click the X icon in the title bar of the list or click the checkbox between the list and the title bar.
In the blue colored selection line you will find the context functions that are only useful in the selected state (e.g. open or delete the business object).
Creating a new business object in a search
To create a new business object in a search, click the New button.
When you have narrowed down a filter chips search to the results you need in your case, you can save the search by clicking the Star icon in the application toolbar.
You can then call up these favorites at any time and do not have to start again from the beginning when selecting filters.
If an overview supports the saving of views, you can find the context menu for editing your views by clicking the Customize button in the title bar of the list.
If you want to switch between the single-line and multi-line view of the list, click the Multi-line view button.
If you want to switch the grouping value for the list, click the button with the grouping value and select the new value from the list. In the example above, the grouping value is country.
Special case: Adjusting default filters
In some cases, searches are already limited by filters in the background, which only rarely need to be adjusted by you. This applies to companies, for example (Master data - Companies). There, the system filters in the background for companies that are marked as "active". If you want to edit these filters, click Add filter and select the Inactive: Only active filter from the list of default filters.
The filter appears as a new filter chip in the search title bar and you can adjust the filter value.
Special case: Preset filters recognizable by gray filter chips
In a few cases, certain filters must be mandatory active in certain search masks of your AEB application, as this is necessary from a functional or technical point of view. These filter values are displayed in gray filter chips and cannot be changed.