CDS requires that authorizations held are declared on every declaration and are sent as a document reference (DE 2/3) along with the authorization type code and holder details (DE 3/39).
The authorizations required will depend on the type of declaration being sent, how any duties and taxes are being paid, and if any customs guarantees are required. A list of document codes are available from this HMRC website.
A list of authorization type codes are available from this HMRC website.
To enter an authorization type code, follow the steps below:
- Open the declaration, and go to the Customs details tab.
- Locate the Authorizations section.
- Click the pencil icon and a new window will appear.
- Select the Type, then enter the other information, such as Holder, as required and click Save & close.
- Use the Add button to enter any further authorizations. Ensure that all necessary authorizations are listed.