To establish a connection with the Customs Declaration Service (CDS) you will need to grant authority for the AEB software to communicate with HMRC on your behalf.
Before authority can be granted, you must have the mobile phone available which is registered with the Government gateway, as this will be needed to grant authority for the software to interact with HMRC.
Once AEB have confirmed that authority for CDS can now be granted, the following steps will need to be completed within Customs Management.
Please Note: Only users with the I_CLIENTADMIN role will be able to complete the below steps in Customs Management.
- From the Office menu, go to Administration > Customs settings > CDS UK.
- This will open the Participant settings. Select the client and click Open.
- Select Grant authority. This will open a new tab on the Government website.
- Follow the instructions on the Government website to grant authority for AEB to interact with HMRC on your behalf.
- Once completed, return to Customs Management. Note: If you receive an error message informing you that participant settings have not been found and the connection has been unsuccessful, please log out of Customs Management and repeat steps 1 to 4.
- The Auth. expiration date should now be populated with a date of expiry. You may need to refresh the screen for the expiration date to be updated.
Please note: The authority should last for 18 months and it will need to be renewed before it expires.
A person record needs to be created which is linked to your company and a user with the I_SECURITY_CONTACT_PERSON_GB role so that this user will then receive an email reminding them that the authority will expire in the number of days entered in the Expiration reminder field. For example, if 30 is entered in the reminder field, then any person setup which is linked to a user with the I_SECURITY_CONTACT_PERSON_GB role will receive an email 30 days before the Auth. expiration date.
To create a person record linked to the user (who has the I_SECURITY_CONTACT_PERSON_GB role) follow the steps below:
- From the Office menu, go to Master data > Persons.
- Open the person record, if it already exits, or click New and enter the name and any other details required to create the new person record.
- From the Person menu, select Add user.
- Select the option to Link person to existing user and click Ok.
- Select the required user from the list, and click Apply.
- Next assign the person to a company, if not already done by selecting the Employee in companies tab.
- Click the New button, select your company and click Apply.
- Press Save & close to save the person record.