To establish a connection with the Customs Declaration Service (CDS) you will need to grant authority for the AEB software to communicate with HMRC on your behalf.
Before authority can be granted, you must have the mobile phone available which is registered with the Government gateway, as this will be needed to grant authority for the software to interact with HMRC.
Once AEB have confirmed that authority for CDS can now be granted, the following steps will need to be completed within Customs Management.
Please Note: Only users with the I_CLIENTADMIN role will be able to complete the below steps in Customs Management.
- From the Office menu, go to Administration > Customs settings > CDS UK.
- This will open the Participant settings. Select the client and click Open.
- Select Grant authority. This will open a new tab on the Government website.
- Follow the instructions on the Government website to grant authority for AEB to interact with HMRC on your behalf.
- Once completed, return to Customs Management. Note: If you receive an error message informing you that participant settings have not been found and the connection has been unsuccessful, please log out of Customs Management and repeat steps 1 to 4.
- The Auth. expiration date should now be populated with a date of expiry. You may need to refresh the screen for the expiration date to be updated.
Please note: The authority should last for 18 months and it will need to be renewed before it expires.
Any users with the I_SECURITY_CONTACT_PERSON_GB role will receive an email reminding them that the authority will expire in the number of days entered in the Expiration reminder field. For example, if 30 is entered in the Expiration reminder field, any user with the I_SECURITY_CONTACT_PERSON_GB role will receive an email reminder 30 days before the Auth. expiration date.