The changeover in AEB's applications will take place as a soft migration over the coming months. During the changeover period, messages will continue to be processed in the format of the previous 2.4 release. All participants thus have sufficient time to implement the new certified software version 3.0. The conversion to ATLAS Export must be completed by July 16, 2023.
1st step: Evaluating customs-related changes
In contrast to previous conversions, this release change involves a large number of customs-related changes that may require adjustments to your processes and the IT systems involved. Therefore, familiarize yourself with the changes in good time and take the necessary measures.
Let AEB guide you through the changeover. The AEB Seminars team offers an organizational overview in 60-minute online seminars (only available in German):
- To the schedule: AEB Plug-In für SAP – Fokus Umstellung auf AES 3.0
2nd step: Preparing the changeover
AEB provides two different connections for SAP systems:
- The connection with direct interface to Export Filing: ATLAS (also called "ATLAS Export Engine"). This integration was implemented for new installations until around the end of 2019 and is also referred to as legacy interface.
- The connection via the Integration Service of Customs Management. This has been the new interface for customs processing since 2020.
How can you tell what type of connection is being used?
Start the consistency check (transaction code /n/AEB/CONSISTENCY).
- If version 1.0 is displayed for Customs Management and you find current entries with the reporting procedure "ATLAS" in the Customs Management Monitor (transaction code /AEB/AESETMON), you are using the direct interface with ATLAS Export.
- If version 1.0 is displayed for Customs Management and you find current entries in the ATLAS Export Monitor (transaction code /n/AEB/AAMONITOR), then you are also using the direct interface with ATLAS Export.
- If version 1.1 is displayed there for Customs Management, on the other hand, you are using the new integration.
- In this case, follow this link for all necessary changeover information.
- If version 1.0 is displayed for Customs Management and you find current entries with the reporting procedure "EXPORT_DE" in the Customs Management Monitor (transaction code /AEB/AESETMON), also use the new integration.
- In this case follow this link for all necessary changeover information
Information for changeover with direct interface (legacy interface Customs Management 1.0)
Follow this guide to prepare and perform the changeover to AES 3.0.
Note for customers with S/4HANA from 2020:
The change of the Customs Management 1.0 interface to 1.1 is mandatory. Learn more about the End of maintenance of Customs Management 1.0 for plug-ins for SAP®.
Note for customers with S/4HANA with version 2018 and 2019 (1809 and 1909):
A separate transport is required for the changeover. For this, please contact AEB support.
Supplementary recommendations for action regarding functional and technical changes
3. Performing the changeover
Please note: As soon as you send the first message in the new version 3.0 to customs via the SAP® Plug-in for Customs Management 1.0, the associated AEB client is automatically converted to ATLAS version 3.0.
Please sign in to leave a comment.