After more than twenty years, general availability of the ASSIST4 suite will end on December 31, 2026. Going forward, we’ll focus instead on future-ready, next-generation solutions like our cloud platform nXt or our integrable business services. On this page we’d like to explain why this step is necessary, how you’ll benefit, and how this transformation can succeed in due time.
- Transformation defined
- Components of ASSIST4 suite to be transformed
- Why we’re phasing out ASSIST4
- Milestones of ASSIST4 transformation
- AEB next-generation solutions
- Steps to transformation
- Contact the AEB transformation team
ASSIST4’s end-of-life is neither an upgrade nor a migration to the next version of ASSIST4. It’s a transformation to the proven and future-ready AEB cloud solutions.
In addition to transforming the status quo, this is also an opportunity to rethink and introduce processes that have become outdated.
Components of ASSIST4 suite to be transformed
The following components of the ASSIST4 suite, including all sub-modules, must be transformed by December 31, 2026:
- ASSIST4 Dispatch base system
- ASSIST4 Freight base system
- ASSIST4 Export base system
- ASISST4 Import base system
- ASSIST4 Inbound Processing base system
- ASSIST4 Warehouse Management
- ASSIST4 Archive
- ASSIST4 Communication Management System (ACMS)
All the other solutions of the ASSIST4 suite – including ASSIST4 Compliance Screening, ASSIST4 Origin & Preferences, and ASSIST4 Monitoring & Alerting have not been marketed under the ASSIST4 brand for some time and are already available with new technology.
An overview of all solutions can be found on the AEB website.
Why we’re phasing out ASSIST4
Software has had to rise to entirely new challenges in recent years – especially the need to easily accommodate individualized processes, but also the requirements for SaaS access through services such as Cloud. On both these fronts, the solutions of the ASSIST4 suite cannot meet these requirements and is therefore no longer sustainable.
Milestones of ASSIST4 transformation
We previously announced the phase-out of development, maintenance, and support for the ASSIST4 systems back in 2020 and have now defined the following roadmap:
We already ended sales of the aforementioned solutions effective December 31, 2022.
General availability and end-of-life
AEB will continue general availability of the ASSIST4 suite until December 31, 2026.
The continued use of ASSIST4 between now and then requires that you accept updated contract terms based on our General Terms and Conditions. Continued use under previous contract terms is no longer possible. You’ll soon receive a notice of these changes together with a proposal that includes updated terms and conditions under which you can continue to use ASSIST4 until December 31, 2026.
- General availability includes security-, technology-, and functionality-related updates such as support for new ATLAS versions.
- It does not include the development of new functionalities or support for updates to third-party software such as operating systems or ERP systems.
- Individual adaptations or extensions (such as licenses) can be implemented in isolated cases (to ensure ongoing operations or support the transformation process). This requires that you accept the updated contract terms. AEB reserves the right to not implement certain changes during the transformation process, however.
- General support services and individually negotiated service level agreements remain valid until December 31, 2026. After this date, AEB will no longer offer service and support for the aforementioned components of the ASSIST4 suite.
- Systems hosted in the AEB data center will be deactivated on December 31, 2026, and continued use of on-premise installations is not permissible under the contract terms after that date.
Extended use and end-of-use
The right to extended use of the software at a reduced service level in 2027 and 2028 can be requested in extraordinary circumstances. Such extended use is subject to additional charges that include a surcharge on the 2026 price of at least 25 % in 2027 and at least 50 % in 2028.
If you wish to request extended use, you must notify AEB by September 30, 2026.
AEB next-generation solutions
To replace the ASSIST4 suite, the following technologies solutions are available:
- Business services are standardized applications that generally address one specific issue, such as ATLAS exports or carrier integration. Business services are ideal for compact, highly specialized functions. The focus here is usually on keeping data current (certifications, data service, etc.) and achieving the simplest possible connectivity (APIs) to integrate them into the process where they are needed. AEB provides ready-to-use plug-ins for even easier integration with certain ERP and CRM systems (SAP®, Salesforce®, etc.).
- nXt is a cloud platform that works well for individualized, process-driven solutions. nXt is a highly flexible environment capable of supporting and personalizing unique customer processes. The focus is on designing just the right apps to meet the needs of users and their workplace environment. nXt offers e.g. the possibility to map shipping processes
AEB’s transformation experts will work hand in hand with you to determine which solution best meets your needs.
Steps to transformation
The roadmap as communicated yield the following transformation phases and recommended actions, which should guide you in planning the timely implementation of the steps in your transformation.
This is the only way to ensure the continued operation of your processes.
AEB is interested in an equal distribution of all transformations over time. The conversion windows for 2023 and 2026 are already almost fully booked. Therefore, plan your transformation with us now for 2024 and 2025.
This requires the clarification and commissioning by the end of 2023 at the latest.
Part of the clarification of the transformation solution that is right for you is a gap analysis and a budget offer.
By the way: We will agree on a suitable timeframe for your transformation project together. This means you remain flexible with regard to test and transition phases and can involve your employees appropriately.
Contact the AEB transformation team
If you are not yet in contact with any AEB contact person regarding the transformation, you should do so now. Reach out to our transformation team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +49 711 72842 1170.
Together, we are now taking the necessary steps.