The column definition function allows you to define which columns are displayed in an overview.
Proceed as follows to define your columns:
- Click the Column definition button or on the right-hand side above the list to open the Column definition window.
- The left pane of the Column definition window shows the columns currently displayed. The right pane shows all available columns.
- Editable overviews do not allow you to redefine the columns. Such overviews will lack the or icon along the top.
- Show additional column: Highlight the column on the right you wish to add, then click Add .
- Hide column: Highlight a column on the left you wish to hide, then click Remove .
- Change the order of the displayed columns: Highlight the column on the left that you wish to move and use the Up or Down buttons to move it to the desired location.
- You can also change the order of the columns directly in the overview by clicking on the column header, holding down the mouse button, and dragging the column to another location.
- Assign your own column name: Click on the name of a column in the left window pane to edit it.
- Define column width: In the Width column on the left side, enter the desired width for each column. Please note: If the Scale box is checked, the column width is defined as a percentage. If the Scale box is unchecked, the column width is defined by the number of characters.
- You can also change the column width directly in the overview by clicking on the right-hand edge of a column header, holding down the mouse button, and dragging the column to the desired width.
- Automatically adjust column width to window size: Check the Scale box in a column if you wish to have its width automatically adjust to the window size.
- Unless you enable this option for at least one of the columns, there will be an empty space to the right of the columns when the window is maximized.
- Restore default view: Click the Default button to undo all the changes you have made.
- Apply settings to the overview: Click OK in the Column definition window.
Sorting entries of a list
You can sort entries of a list based on the columns and reset the sorting if necessary. Columns that can be used to sort a list are identified by a small arrow to the right of the column name.
- Only the table rows currently displayed are sorted.
- If the list is sorted such that in a number column the highest number is at the bottom, a down arrow appears to the right of the column name.
- If the list is sorted such that in a number column the highest number is at the top, an up arrow appears to the right of the column name.
Proceed as follows to sort the entries of a column:
- Sort entries Click the name of a column to sort the list by that column content. Click the column name again to toggle the direction of the sorting.
- Reset sorting of entries: Right-click on any column. From the context menu, select Default sorting.
Defining the number of elements displayed
Up to 100 list entries are displayed by default. You can modify the number of list entries displayed at any time, however:
Proceed as follows to modify the number of elements displayed:
- Click on the number of elements (23 elements, First 100 elements, etc.) on the right-hand side above the list to open the List entries window.
- Determine total number of all available list entries: Click the Count rows button.
- In the Show max. field, enter the maximum number of entries you wish to have displayed.
- The procedure described here works only for overviews. Overviews integrated on sheets always show all available elements.
If you click the video, a request with your IP address will be transmitted to the provider. Dataprotection