An event report (customs message C_EVT_DAT) is used if an unusual event such as the theft or loss of the goods occurs while an EMCS movement is in progress. This message is generated only by the authorities and forwarded within the EU.
- The persons that have been designated before will then receive an email. Each email contains a link to the corresponding movement. To configure the email settings, refer to the section Configuring email notifications in EMCS Filing.
Proceed as follows:
- The EMCS Desktop shows you under Events that event reports are available for an EMCS movement.
- Click the 1 event report link.
- The system shows a list of EMCS movements that in the last 14 days have received an event report awaiting your confirmation.
- Open one of these EMCS movements.
- Switch to the Event reports sheet and check the event report.
- Close the event report. Highlight the event report in the overview and click the Finish button to mark the event report internally as finished.
- The event report is removed from the list of events on your Desktop.