- We recommend setting up a project with AEB to configure existing carriers. If you wish to configure carriers on your own or make routine changes, you need the role I_CLIENTADMIN or I_CAI_EDITMASTERFILEDATA. You can coordinate the process by submitting a request through the AEB Help Center.
Each carrier defines for itself which information a shipping order must contain for a shipment to be processed. Only after all required fields have been completed can you print your shipping labels.
- All universally required fields are already defined through the “Carrier definition” in Carrier Connect.
You have the option at the carrier level to also define specific additional fields that are needed for the shipping processes and should also be required. Please note that these required fields will then apply to all shipping orders under the conditions you define.
Proceed as follows:
- Open the carrier configuration you wish to edit.
- Under Additionally required shipping order data, click New to select new required fields from among all available options. The meaning of each field is displayed under Description.
- If you select Consignee contact person (name) as a required field, for example, then it will not be possible to print a label without this information.
- The status of the shipping order changes from “Complete” to “Ready for label printing” when all the required fields in the shipping order have been completed.
- Save & close the carrier configuration.