To ensure that your shipping order data is transmitted electronically to your service provider at the same time as the pickup is completed, initially configure the EDI connection.
- The most commonly used transfer protocols or EDI send modes are FTP or SFTP. We will therefore explain the procedure for configuring an SFTP connection below.
- We recommend setting up a project with AEB to configure new carriers. As a rule, AEB will initially create new carriers for you, which you can then configure with the I_CLIENTADMIN role. If you wish to create new carriers on your own, you need the role I_CAI_SETUPCARRIERS. You can coordinate the process by submitting a request through the AEB Help Center.
Proceed as follows to configure an EDI connection for SFTP:
- You must have your company-specific access data, the target server URL, the target server port, and the target directory for the EDI connection. You will receive these directly from your service provider, not from AEB.
- Go to Master data – Carrier configurations to open the relevant carrier.
- On the Accounts sheet, open the desired account and switch to the EDI setup sheet.
- In the Transfer field group, select one of the already preconfigured EDI connections under EDI connection, e.g. "Standard". If necessary, ask your AEB project contact for the correct connection.
- The preconfigured connections are already enabled in the firewall for all Carrier Connect systems with the AEB Cloud operating model.
- To edit, click the pencil icon and select the Test or Productive operating mode under SFTP parameters. Some service providers assign different access data for test or productive operation.
- For authentication, you usually receive company-specific access data. Enter them in the fields highlighted in yellow. If the fields are already filled in, generic access data is used.
- Check the already filled contents in the target server fields Server, Port, and Target directory to see if they match those you received from your service provider. If the fields are still empty, fill them.
- Click the Test SFTP parameters button to test the connection. Check the Check without upload box.
- Close the EDI configuration.