A pickup in Carrier Connect encompasses all the shipping orders to be picked up by the carrier. When you have finished assigning shipping orders to a pickup (manually or automatically), run an “end-of-day settlement” – either via your host system or directly in Carrier Connect. This transmits the shipping order data via EDI to the carrier and generates a PDF loading list. The loading list can be printed and given to the driver for a signature if required.
- For information on pickups and how to configure automatic and manual pickup assignments, see: Configuring or generating pickups.
“Complete pickup” manual process: transmit EDI and print loading list
Proceed as follows:
- You must have the role of I_CAI_MANIFESTPICKUPS.
- All desired shipping orders have been assigned to the pickup (shipping order status: “Assigned”).
- If the carrier configuration account settings specify Do not send for EDI transmission, the EDI message is only generated but not sent. If the carrier configuration account settings specify Send or Send and log for EDI transmission and valid EDI transmission data has been entered, the EDI message is generated and sent to the carrier.
- You can receive a proactive email notification if an error occurs: Understanding event notifications in Carrier Connect.
- The status of all shipping orders in the completed pickup changes to “Sent,” and no further corrections are possible. The pickup containing the shipping order has been irrevocably completed. Contact your carrier directly if necessary.
- With some carriers, EDI transmission is set at the shipping order level. Transmission of the EDI message might be triggered when the shipping order is completed, for example – or even earlier, in some cases. The EDI message can then be found in the relevant shipping order, EDI messages sheet. EDI at the pickup level may then be skipped. A mixed scenario is also possible, however, where the EDI at the shipping order level is understood as a notification and the EDI at the pickup level confirms the shipping orders of the day.
Please sign in to leave a comment.