Overview of shipping order statuses
A shipping order passes through a series of statuses until it is finally assigned for pickup. Depending on the use case, subsequent modifications are possible only if the shipping order has one of the following statuses:
- New: The shipping order has been created but is not yet complete.
- Ready to print labels: All the required fields in the shipping order have been printed, and the label can now be printed.
- Complete: The label was not successfully printed. Possible reasons include: A web service reported inaccurate data, or it was not possible to determine the routing for the specified address. For troubleshooting, follow the prompts in the Assistant pane.
- Ready to assign pickup: The label has been printed and the shipping order can be assigned to a pickup.
- Assigned: The shipping order has been assigned to a pickup but not yet completed.
- Sent: The pickup has been completed.
- Once the shipping order reaches the status of “Sent,” corrections are no longer possible. The pickup to which the shipping order has been assigned has already been irrevocably completed, and an EDI message may have been sent to the carrier. Contact your carrier directly if necessary.
Possible functions, use cases, effects, approaches
- We recommend using the Correct and Unlock functions in Carrier Connect to amend shipping orders only if you are sure how this will affect your situation. If you are unsure, please contact AEB Support.
- If a shipping order was transmitted from a host system to Carrier Connect, subsequent changes should be made only by canceling and retransmitting the shipping order from the host system, assuming the status allows this. This is the only way to avoid inconsistencies between Carrier Connect and your host system.
Cancel a shipping order
For all corrections, AEB recommends canceling the shipping order and re-entering it with the correct data.
|Go to Package processing – Shipping orders and select the shipping order form the overview. Click the Cancel button. Enter a new shipping order directly in Carrier Connect.|
Correct a shipping order
|Go to Package processing – Shipping orders. From the overview, double-click to open the shipping order. In the window that opens, click Correct. Once you have made your changes, print a new label. This new label will reflect the updated data plus a new tracking number and, where applicable, a new dispatch date. Reassign the shipping order to a pickup: See Assigning shipping orders to pickups manually.|
Unlock a shipping order
|Go to Package processing – Shipping orders. From the overview, double-click to open the shipping order, then click OK. From the Shipping order menu at the top, select Unlock. Once you have made your changes, repeat the EDI upload: See Correcting and repeating an erroneous EDI upload. Clarify any discrepancies between the label and EDI data with your carrier.|
- You can check the contents of a shipping order by opening it in read-only mode: Package processing – Shipping orders – highlight the shipping order – double-click – in the window that opens: click OK.