The type of tracking data download and consequently the type of access data are different for each service provider connection.
Here we provide guidance on how to find out all the necessary information to set up your tracking data connection with your service provider:
- Check in the Carrier Connect system description - Functional scope of the carriers offered in the standard at the respective service provider under the “Tracking data format” heading how the connection to the service provider has been implemented by AEB.
- Example “DHL Express Germany”: IFTSTA D93A; SFTP download
- Example “UPS”: XML; https download
- Set up the tracking data connection to the extent that you can view the necessary setup fields, see Configuring tracking data transfer (Carrier Event Service), step 4.
- Contact your contact person at the desired service provider and ask for the necessary information for the "tracking data download":
- Pass on the information about the used tracking data format.
- Request access data (user and password).
- Find out if a specific source directory is necessary on the SFTP server from which the files are to be downloaded. If so, ask for the name.
- Check which additional fields need to be filled in during setup, such as an access license no. and a subscription name at UPS.
When you have collected all the information, you can complete the connection setup, see Configuring tracking data transfer (Carrier Event Service), step 4.