The online and batch checks are described below. AEB does not support the online check for every SAP business object. For details, please refer to the system description.
Generally, a combination of both check types is active:
- the online check for customers, vendors, business partners, sales documents, deliveries, and purchase documents and
- the batch check for the master data of customers, vendors, or business partners. The batch check usually takes place on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis.
A business object is checked:
- if an organizational unit is determined for the organizational level of the business object (see Installation and Configuration Guide: Determining the organizational unit), and
- if a connection has been created for the business object and the determined organizational unit (see Installation and Configuration Guide: Connection), and
- if the check is active for the business object in the check settings (see Installation and Configuration Guide: Check settings), and
- if no explicitly configured or developed exclusion exists (see article How is the check volume for Compliance Screening or Export Controls configured in SAP®?)
The AEB plug-in for SAP integrates with various SAP integration points. Learn more in the Installation Guide.
These integration points for business objects supported by AEB are run through as part of the SAP storage routine and each call the AEB check.
In short: When saving one or more business objects, these integration points are usually run through and thus lead to a check by Compliance Screening and Export Controls (if configured and supported accordingly). Individual changes or mass changes can be made to SAP business objects. This means that business objects are checked again each time they are saved.
- In Compliance Screening, there is also the asynchronous check. This behaves like the online check in this context. The difference is that the asynchronous check is first buffered and only later processed by a cyclic job. However, this is irrelevant for the understanding of the matter described here.
The AEB plug-in for SAP has a job for each of the business objects supported by AEB that performs mass checks of preselected business objects. Learn more about the jobs in the Installation Guide.
In the article How is the check volume for Compliance Screening or Export Controls configured in SAP®? you will learn which deviations from this standard behavior can be set or how to find out which ones are set.
Please sign in to leave a comment.