The SAP® Java Connector version 3.0 (or 3.1) is required whenever you communicate with your SAP® system via RFC with an AEB application.
- AEB recommends communication via web service. In this case, the installation of the Java Connector would not be necessary.
Proceed as follows to check the SAP Java Connector version in your AEB application
- Go to Administration - Connection Settings - SAP® and select SAP® Components - Update from the menu.
- Check the displayed versions in the version JCo and version IDoc fields. The version number should start with 3.0.x or 3.1.0.
- If this is not the case, refer to the following section.
Installing the SAP® Java Connector in version 3.0
- Open the website SAP Java Connector.
- Scroll down and download the SAP® Java Connector version 3.0 for the operating system on which your AEB application is installed.
- Click Upload in your AEB application. Select the SAP® Java Connector version 3.0 file that you just downloaded.
- Click Install.
- If necessary, restart the AEB application.
- Go to Administration – Connection Settings – SAP® and check in the SAP® Components - Update menu whether the version of the SAP® Java Connector now starts with 3.0.x.
If you already using the SAP® Java Connector in version 3.1
If you are already using the version 3.1 of the SAP® Java Connector, the component might not be recognized by some AEB applications. To solve this problem, you have to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package.
- Open the URL for the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages and download the installation file.
- Run the installation file on the system where your AEB application is installed.
- After the reinstallation, check whether the MSVCR120.dll file can be found in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Alternatively, you can copy the MSVCR120.dll file from a trusted computer.