Terms of delivery must be defined before Carrier Connect can determine who is responsible for paying the freight costs and/or customs & duties associated with a shipping order.
The descriptions of the various terms of delivery are always specific to each customer. That’s why it’s necessary for you to define your own terms of delivery in Carrier Connect.
Entering terms of delivery manually
Proceed as follows:
- You must have the role of I_CAI_EDITMASTERFILEDATA.
- With many carriers, you’ll need to convert your terms of delivery to the carrier’s freight terms so that the correct data is transmitted in the EDI message to the carrier. For information on how to convert your terms of delivery, see: Converting terms of delivery.
- When you make routine changes or additions to master data in your host system, you’ll need to sync these changes to the master data in Carrier Connect.
Importing terms of delivery as a CSV file
You can also import your terms of delivery as a CSV file in Carrier Connect. Open the terms of delivery overview (Master data – Terms of delivery) and click Import – Import (CSV). Follow the import dialog.
- Use the Help button to access further information.
CSV file format specifications:
- Use the "UTF-8" character set for the .CSV file.
- Save the Excel file as "CSV UTF-8".
- Field delimiter: Semicolon (";")
- Line separator: CRLF
- Ensure the CSV field formats match those in the table below.
Field formats for importing terms of delivery
The following describes the mandatory field formats. Please refer to the table below for details.
Field no. (column)
Functionally required field
Code of terms of delivery
German description of terms of delivery
English description of terms of delivery
Standard (Flag - Y/N)
Duties and taxes
Explanations of field formats:
- Functionally required field: An “X” indicates a functionally required field.
- Field format: “an..” indicates an alphanumeric field format. “..” means that up to X characters may be transmitted. The entry “an.. 10” therefore indicates an alphanumeric field of up to 10 characters.