If you operate Customs Management in the AEB data center, it is configured to provide in your system the (exchange) rates published by the customs authorities. You can use these rates for conversion if your system administrator has enabled this functionality in Customs Management: See also Allowing the use of global rates.
As an alternative or in addition, you can manually maintain rates and use them for converting foreign currency amounts.
Proceed as follows to manually create an exchange rate:
- Go to Master data – Exchange rates.
- If you are using automatically imported rates, they are displayed here.
- Click the New button to create a new rate.
- In the Rate table field, select CUSTOMS.
- To distinguish (client-neutral) automatically imported rates from (client-dependent) manually created ones, disable/enable the For all clients checkbox in the Exchange rates overview.
- For technical reasons, AEB cannot guarantee 100% day-to-day availability of the automatically imported rates.
If a system failure occurred at the customs authorities or AEB and no rate is found for the declaration date, the Assistant will inform you. In this case, you have to request the exchange rates (sales) from a responsible bank (financial institution) and enter them manually by client.
Please sign in to leave a comment.