Older versions of AEB Connectivity Services can be updated to version 1.3.
- Before updating AEB Connectivity Services, you should save at least the configuration files from the <Installation directory>\conf directory. However, it is safer to make a backup of the complete installation directory.
Proceed as follows to update AEB Connectivity Services:
- Stop the AEB ConnectivityServices service.
- Execute the installation as described in the following section and select the directory with the existing installation as installation directory.
- Start the AEB ConnectivityServices service.
Installing AEB Connectivity Services
The AEB Connectivity Services installation program consists of the "SetupConnectivityServices.exe" file.
- Run the "SetupConnectivityServices.exe" file. Click the Next button.
- Define the target directory and select Install. Wait while the program is being installed.
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
- Following the installation, the AEB ConnectivityServices service must be launched manually using the operating system’s service manager (see following section). After that, the service is started automatically each time the computer is rebooted.
Starting the AEB ConnectivityServices service
If the option Logging AEB Connectivity Services as a service was selected during installation, an AEB ConnectivityServices service is automatically created.
The script <Installation directory>\bin\install_server_service.bat allows that the service can also be created in retrospect or removed again using <Installation directory>\bin\uninstall_server_service.bat .
- When using the Print Service feature, the service must be operated under a user account in which the required printers are visible. This user account must also have write permission for the AEB Connectivity Services’ installation directory. Do to so, edit the service’s properties prior to the start: